Our Kellerstöckl is situated at the foot of the Liendlberg, situated along the Pinkatal Wine Road.
There are several Buschenschänke (wine taverns) in the vicinity of the cellar where you can eat and taste one or two good drops of the regionally typical Uhudler.
Wines from the region can also be tasted in the wine shop of the Moschendorf Wine Museum – this can be reached from the cellar in a 20-minute walk.
The Kellerviertel Heiligenbrunn is within easy cycling distance for everyone – walk through the cellar lanes, admire the thatched traditional cellars and enjoy this wonderful piece of southern Burgenland with a glass of wine.
Within walking distance from the Kellerstöckl, our guests can also spend some nice hours in the Wassererlebniswelt Südburgenland – adventure for the children, relaxation for the parents … an optimal combination (which we as parents of 4 children can definitely confirm ;)).
For our cycling enthusiasts, it is also important to know that there are several cycle paths right next to our Kellerstöckl. Guests, who want it sporty and at the same time somewhat more comfortable, can simply rent an E-Bike – Meetingpoint is within walking distance at the water adventure world Moschendorf.
Wellness and spa lovers will be pleased to hear that at least 3 spas can be reached within 30 minutes by car from our Kellerstöckl – the Stegersbach family spa, as well as the Mjus spa in Körmend and the St. Gotthard spa, both located in Hungary (don’t forget your passport).
Since we are enthusiastic geocachers ourselves, we would like to briefly mention here that in the surroundings of the Kellerstöckl also one or the other cache is waiting to be found by you 🙂
This is just a small glimpse of what you could explore from our Kellerstöckl in the surrounding area – we have compiled further and more detailed information for our guests below.
Of course, we are also happy to answer any questions you may have about excursion destinations (and perhaps we will tell you one or two insider tips ;)).
Information about the region:
- Nature park Weinidylle – https://www.weinidylle.at/de/die-weinidylle/naturpark/
- South Burgenland Tourist Board – www.suedburgenland.info
Buschenschänke (Wine taverns):
- Buschenschank calendar
- Buschenschank Herczeg, Buschenschank Grosz, Buschenschank Gassler, Buschenschank Schrammel, Buschenschank Schreiner, Buschenschank Gansfuss are all nearby
- By the way: Buschenschänke which are open, can be recognized by the signposts which are decorated with a “Buschn” (tied bush)!
Food and drink:
- Gaaser Dorfstube
- Schwabenhof Inn Hagensdorf – www.schwabenhof.at/html_en/kulinarium.html
- Country Inn Kedl Urbersdorf – www.urlauburlaub.at/gasthof/66817/landgasthof-kedl/g%C3%BCssing/
- Insider tip (small map with very good pizzas, great ambience): Nazdravlje (Szentpeterfa / Hungary ) – Nazdravlje
- Berki Inn – www.hotelberki.hu/de/
- Cafe Crustulum in Eberau – www.mehlspeis-paradies.com
- Lendl confectionery in Bildein – www.lendls.at
- Theatre association Grenzenlos in Eberau – www.theatergrenzenlos.at
- Cultural association KuKuK in Bildein – www.kukuk.at
- Castle plays in Güssing – www.burgspiele.eu
- Culture summer in Güssing – www.kultursommer.net
Activities and sights:
- Water adventure world South Burgenland – www.wassererlebniswelt.at/
- Geschichtenhaus in Bildein – www.bildein.at/geschichtenhaus
- Bildein Border Experience Trail – www.bildein.at/grenzerfahrungsweg
- Wine museum in Moschendorf – www.moschendorf.at
- Cellar quarter in Heiligenbrunn – www.kellerviertel-heiligenbrunn.at
- Agricultural Engineering Museum in St. Michael – www.landtechnikmuseum.at
- Open-air museum in Gerersdorf – www.freilichtmuseum-gerersdorf.at
- Güssing Castle – www.burgguessing.info/burg-guessing.htm
- Maria Weinberg pilgrimage church – www.weinbaumuseum.at/weinberg.htm or http://www.mariaweinberg.at/
Thermal baths, wellness and golf:
- Family Spa Stegersbach – www.therme-stegersbach.com
- Therme St. Gotthard – www.panoramahof.com/de
- Mjus-Therme Körmend – www.mjusworld.com/de/
- Loipersdorf – www.therme.at
- Golf swing Stegersbach – www.golfschaukel.at
- Water adventure world South Burgenland 400 meters
- Gaas: 2400m – Gaas village parlour
- Szentpeterfa: 6km – Local tip
- Bildein: 10km – Events, border adventure trail, history(n)house, confectionery Lendl
- Güssing: 14 km – castle, shopping, hospital
- Körmend: 16 km – thermal spa, shopping
- Szombathely: 30 km – medieval town centre, sightseeing, shopping
- Ják 20 km – Romanesque church
- Stegersbach: 30km – thermal spa, golf swing
- Graz: 100 km
- Vienna: 165 km